Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
Helping children and families help themselves to live a better life and build a stronger community.
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community. CFCE expanded in early 2012 to include a health care center, The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center.
The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), offers an array of preventative health services including but not limited to: general and sick care for adults and children, OB/GYN, dental services, nutrition programs and mental health and substance abuse treatment for children and adults.
As an Advanced Practical Registered Nurse (APRN), you will provide medical services in a community healthcare center. The APRN is a liaison between the multidisciplinary healthcare team, patient, and their familes.
Why join CFCE:
- Great benefits package, including a Zero (0) cost out of pocket medical plan, 13 Paid Holidays and a competitive Paid Time Off Package
- Making an invaluable impact in your community
- Growth and professional development opportunities available
- Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Some of the Functions Include:
- Provides comprehensive examination, screening, health education and treatment of patients within the nurse specialists’ scope of practice using a systematic approach to history and physical appraisal of the patient.
- Performs comprehensive physical examination and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostics tests and interprets test results, including for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations and EKG.
- Develops and implements patient comprehensive management plans, records progress notes and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Prescribes drugs according to licensed prescriptive authority, dispenses supplies and prescribes other treatments to aid in the management of acute and chronic health problems.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens.
- Establishes a collaborative relationship with other medical providers and specialists; determines need for consultation and assists in medical care treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Documents and maintains patient records of services provided according to program standards.
- Graduated from an accredited advanced practice registered nursing program.
- Master’s degree in nursing with advanced skills in physical assessment.
- Valid Florida's APRN Certification
- ANA Certification prior to or within one year of employment.
- Knowledge and skills for the provision of direct patient care in the practice of primary health care.
- Knowledge of the state and federal laws pertaining to patient care and to community health centers.
- Knowledge of the structure and function of community health centers.
- Skill in communicating effectively with patients and their families.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients and general public.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.