Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
Helping children and families help themselves to live a better life and build a stronger community.
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community. CFCE expanded in early 2012 to include a health care center, The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center.
The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), offers an array of preventative health services including but not limited to: general and sick care for adults and children, OB/GYN, dental services, nutrition programs and mental health and substance abuse treatment for children and adults.
Why join CFCE:
- Making an invaluable impact in your community
- Growth and professional development opportunities available
- Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Some of the Functions Include:
- Perform physical examinations required to evaluate obstetrical/gynecological problems;
- Perform standard obstetrical/gynecological examinations;
- Order and Interpret appropriate laboratory studies, X-rays, electrocardiograms, ultrasounds and other special examinations;
- Collect specimens for pathologic examinations, including PAP smears;
- Analyze and Interpret data, formulate diagnoses and problem lists, and establish plans for the management of obstetrical/gynecological health problems;
- Treat problems within his/her scope of competence and exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral or evaluation;
- Initiate consultation requests to specialists and other health professionals including physical therapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, etc.;
- Counsel patients on obstetrical/gynecological problems, use of medications, expected effects of treatment, diet, and other health maintenance matters;
- Provide consultations on complex obstetrical and gynecological problems to other health care providers;
- Perform health maintenance for well patients, including administering or supervising immunizations;
- Manage common obstetrical/gynecological problems encountered in primary care clinics, including gynecological and complicated prenatal problems;
- Educate appropriate groups on health matters such as pregnancy, childbirth, family planning, care of newborn, child rearing, cancer health maintenance, and use of community resources;
- Counsel family planning, including prescribing of oral contraceptives, fitting diaphragms, inserting and removing intrauterine devices;
- Manage selected chronic gynecological illnesses;
- Prescribe medications as determined by the health center’s formulary;
- Manage common pregnancy related behavioral or psychosocial problems including crisis intervention and short-term individual, family and marriage counseling;
- Perform and interpret colposcopy examinations;
- Perform endometrial biopsies.
- Five years’ experience beyond residency preferred. Board Certified in a primary care specialty
- Experience in Community Health and in working with clients from lower economic status. Demonstrate willingness to work with medically underserved population.
- Licensed to practice medicine in Florida.
- DEA License
- Admitting privileges in local hospitals.
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.