Medical Front Office Assistant
Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
Helping children and families help themselves to live a better life and build a stronger community.
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community.
As a Front Office Assistant, you will provide quality customer service to the children and families we service, visitors and staff. This is a professional administrative position with the responsibility of performing complex clerical and administrative work of a diverse nature.
Why join CFCE:
- Great benefits package, including a Zero (0) cost out of pocket medical plan, 12 Paid Holidays and a competitive Paid Time Off Package
- Making an invaluable impact in your community
- Growth and professional development opportunities available
- Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Some of the Functions Include:
- Greet clients, staff and visitors and inquire as to the reason for the visit and advise relevant staff.
- Ensure clients and visitors register and sign-in log.
- Grant access to the building to staff and escorted clients and visitors.
- Obtain initial authorization for all new clients and ongoing services requiring authorizations.
- Verify insurance on a daily basis for scheduled appointments
- Responsible for registering explaining and obtaining signature from legal guardian on required forms, get copy of guardian’s ID and insurance card. Referrals from HUB clients come with signed forms by FCM. Staff will confirm all forms are signed for HUB clients.
- Receive incoming telephone calls for the Agency and forward calls to appropriate persons or take a message.
- Provide information and assistant clients and customers.
- Answer general questions from the general public and refer to appropriate program/staff when applicable.
- Receive and/or dispatch mail/messenger/courier items.
- Schedule new clients for intake appointments including reschedule appointments.
- Conduct appointment reminder calls to clients’ parents, caregivers and/or full-case managers.
- Knowledge of all systems i.e. 10E11, Medicaid, etc. and front office processes; monitor use of sliding scale and assess fees for services. Ensuring effective and efficient patient flow, appointment management, accuracy and completion of registration and insurance verification.
- Ensures that patients, family members or other clients are treated with concern and empathy; respecting their confidentiality and privacy and communicating with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- One Year of front desk experience in the hospitality industry
- One year of Customer service experience
- Behavioral Health knowledge and experience preferred
- Ability to solve client issues in a friendly and timely manner
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organizational, communication, skills.
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.