Dental Assistant - Part Time/Temporary
Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
Helping children and families help themselves to live a better life and build a stronger community.
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community. CFCE expanded in early 2012 to include a health care center, The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center.
The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), offers an array of preventative health services including but not limited to: general and sick care for adults and children, OB/GYN, dental services, nutrition programs and mental health and substance abuse treatment for children and adults.
As a Dental Assistant, you will increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of quality oral health care. The Dental Assistant performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. They support dental care delivery by preparing treatment rooms, patient, instruments, and materials.
Some of the Functions Include:
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- Asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
- Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- Performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer
- Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
- Helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
- Ensuring operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintaining dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserving dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
- Current certification in CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation).
- 2 years of experience working as a dental assistant
- Dental Health Maintenance
- Use of Dental Technology
- Infection Control
- Patient Services
- Creating a Safe Effective Environment
- Listening, Teamwork
- Bedside Manner
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Use of Medical Technologies
- Performing Diagnostic Procedures
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.