Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
Helping children and families help themselves to live a better life and build a stronger community.
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community. CFCE expanded in early 2012 to include a health care center, The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center.
The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), offers an array of preventative health services including but not limited to: general and sick care for adults and children, OB/GYN, dental services, nutrition programs and mental health and substance abuse treatment for children and adults.
As a Dentist, you will provide dental care to patients of the community.
Why join CFCE:
- Up to 13 Paid Holidays
- Making an invaluable impact in your community
- Growth and professional development opportunities available
- Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Some of the Functions Include:
- Take, evaluate, and record complex medical histories;
- Perform physical examinations required to evaluate oral health problems;
- Diagnose and provide appropriate dental treatment to patients, including regular cleanings.
- Educate patients and parents of patients on maintaining proper oral health
- Communicate with dental/clinic staff regarding patient treatment plans
- Prescribe medication as necessary
- Carefully document all medications, diagnoses, treatments and consultations
- Supervise the work the dental assistant
- Order and Interpret appropriate X-rays, and other special examinations
- Graduate from an accredited school of dentistry, DDS, DMD or DD required, and licensed in the state.
- Two years’ experience beyond residency preferred. Board Certified in specialty preferred
- Experience in Community Health and in working with clients from lower economic status. Demonstrate willingness to work with medically underserved population.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from children, families and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to utilize Electronic Medical records to manage patients
- Excellent organizational skills are required
- Ability to understand and present verbal instructions and to exchange verbal information is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform at a high level of autonomy or with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to identify and understand environmental stressors
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
- Basic Computer Skills in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of audiovisual equipment set up is an advantage.
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.