Miami Gardens, FL
Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
Helping children and families help themselves to live a better life and build a stronger community.
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community.
As an administrative assistant, you will provide secretarial support to the Director of Child Welfare. This position is responsible for performing complex clerical and administrative work of a diverse nature.
Why join CFCE:
- Great benefits package, including a Zero (0) cost out of pocket medical plan, 13 Paid Holidays and a competitive Paid Time Off Package
- Making an invaluable impact in your community
- Growth and professional development opportunities available
- Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Some of the Functions Include:
- Transcribe minutes, memoranda’s, reports and other material generally of technical/specialized subject matter
- Organize and assemble material needed for meetings, conferences, trainings, etc.
- Prepares and distributes agendas and other pertinent information
- Attend meetings, take and transcribe minutes, distribute minutes and maintain the official records
- Compose and type correspondence for management’s signature, either from general instructions or information obtained from researching files
- Maintains calendar and schedule tentative appointments
- Advise staff of meetings, trainings, etc.
- Monitors office supply inventory, prepare requisitions for supplies, printing and other services
- Screens telephone calls to determine if matter should be handled by supervisor or referred to other staff member or other program area
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive filing system
- Open and distribute incoming mail
- High School Diploma
- Three (3) years of administrative support experience, preferably with office management responsibilities
- Experience in Child Welfare preferred
- Must type a minimum of 35 – 45 wpm
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing must be computer literate, with proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and spread sheet applications.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, managers, and the public
- Ability to work independently on complex and confidential secretarial assignments
- Ability to perform at a high level of autonomy or with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this position