Miami Gardens, FL
Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
Helping children and families help themselves to live a better life and build a stronger community.
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community.
As a Development Director, you will coordinate and implement the contributed income programs of CFCE to maximize potential, and to increase the base support in terms of donors and volunteers.
Why join CFCE:
- Great benefits package, including a Zero (0) cost out of pocket medical plan, 13 Paid Holidays and a competitive Paid Time Off Package
- Making an invaluable impact in your community
- Growth and professional development opportunities available
- Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Some of the Functions Include:
- Work closely with the CAO and other department heads to fulfill the mission and priorities of the organization.
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to meet annual reporting obligations.
- Work closely with the Board Fund Development Committee to develop and execute an annual fundraising plan including maintaining an annual event calendar.
- Plan annual fundraising events to effectively communicate the mission of the organization and to meet fundraising goals.
- Establish fundraising objectives for the organization, setting one year, five year, and longer-term goals and set annual monetary goals and budgets according to short- and long-term goals.
- Maintain a database of past and potential financial donors including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Produce relevant and informative literature for distribution to past and future donors, and the public.
- Oversee the fundraising process and maintains records of receipts and disbursements of funds.
- Donor Engagement and Retention
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Develop and oversee special events including a major annual signature event.
- Design and implement donor acknowledgement and recognition programs.
- Field and manage calls from donors and prospective donors.
- Assist grants developer with grant writing for major grants on an as needed basis.
- Donor Fund Management
- Prepare monthly reports including activities, research, contacts made, inquiry letters submitted, proposals funded, and a running account of monies raised.
- Produce quarterly fundraising reports for senior management and Board of Directors
- Manage the implementation of a comprehensive and coordinated donor database encompassing all prior and potential donors.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Provide oversight of all organization fund development activities and monitor adequacy of such activities.
- Establish and oversee performance measures, monitor results, and help the CEO, CAO and Board Fund Development Committee evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s fund development program.
- Collaborate with grants developer to prepare and maintain monthly funding chart listing active grants, pending grants, and potential grants.
- Partner with the Chief Financial Officer or designee to assure sound fiscal operation of the development function including timely, accurate and comprehensive development of charitable contributions income and expense budgets, reporting, monitoring and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in communications, marketing or another related field)
- Five or more years of relevant experience preferred
- Significant experience in and a successful track record of major gift and annual fundraising
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, accountability toward goals and ability to multi-task
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this position