Chief Program Officer
Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community. CFCE expanded in early 2012 to include a health care center, The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center.
The Pediatric & Family Health and Wellness Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), offers an array of preventative health services including but not limited to: general and sick care for adults and children, OB/GYN, dental services, nutrition programs and mental health and substance abuse treatment for children and adults.
Why join CFCE:
- Great benefits package, including a Zero (0) cost out of pocket medical plan, 13 Paid Holidays and a competitive Paid Time Off Package
- Making an invaluable impact in your community
- Growth and professional development opportunities available
- Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will serve as a key member of the executive management team. Under the direct supervision and in conjunction with the CEO, the CPO will articulate and implement the strategic vision and leadership of the agency; oversee a significant portfolio of programs and related services; evaluate the effectiveness of programs to provide ongoing feedback, assist in the promotion and diversification of funding through effective resource management at this agency which has a healthy mix of government and private philanthropic support, raise the agency’s profile through external communications; provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to all leadership staff; and enhance the structure of the organization by remaining abreast of developments in behavioral health, child welfare, youth development, education, and other mission-driven programmatic areas of endeavor by the Center for Family and Child Enrichment.
Some of the Responsibilities’ Include:
- Leadership, Staff Management and Organizational Strategy
- play a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organization across multiple sites and departments.
- Directly supervise program directors, managers and coordinators; working closely with senior program staff to build their skills and confidence so that they can mentor, encourage, and motivate all staff.
- Provide assistance and guidance on how to trouble shoot program and staff performance challenges. Mentor directors, managers, and coordinators to proactively engage in program planning and program management.
- Deploy resources efficiently and effectively toward organizational goals, working with staff to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
- Participate in the budget development process and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility. Serve as a liaison to key government and funding agencies, in Miami-Dade, including DCF, DJJ, Miami-Dade County, United Way, the Children’s Trust, Citrus Health Network, Thriving Minds, etc.
- Support fund development efforts through the promotion and execution of CFCE’s annual fundraising event, proposal writing and partnering with the CEO to steward funding relationships.
- Under the advisement of the Board of Directors and in partnership with the CEO and other members of the executive team, implement CFCE’s strategic plan, as well as develop and implement new initiatives that reflect the organization’s mission.
- Program Oversight and Evaluation
- Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of programs, contracts, and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Respond to government and foundation requests for proposals and applications in partnership with development and senior staff; coordinate planning and activities necessary for development of model program designs in response to RFPs and RFAs.
- Work closely with the finance department to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal and system management.
- Ensure the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of programs and services.
- Coordinate and analyze the appropriate data to inform the programmatic and operational decision-making process.
- Determine staffing plans to achieve program goals and objectives and participate in hiring decisions for new program staff.
- Deepen existing and create new performance and outcome measures for outreach and recruitment, completion rates, employment, retention, college, training, enrollment, completion, and other measures that are core to CFCE’s mission.
- Develop an assessment protocol to determine the feasibility and sustainability of programs as well as lead to more effective and efficient service delivery.
- Analyze and assess programs based on data collected and implement corrective measures, if required.
- A minimum of eight years leadership experience in a nonprofit, government, or healthcare setting, overseeing multiple programs or contracts ideally at an organization serving culturally diverse low- and moderate-income youth and families.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, administrative operations, and fundraising.
- Experience and/or expertise in one or more of the following areas: family services, behavioral health, youth development, child welfare, etc.
- REQUIRED: Graduate degree plus must be either: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
- Must have strong demonstrated experience in managing large programs over multiple sites and supervision of high-level staff.
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.