Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
Helping children and families help themselves to live a better life and build a stronger community.
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community.
As a Educational Specialist, you will be responsible for assessing and monitoring the needs of all school aged clients. This will include advocating on behalf of the client and ensuring each client has the appropriate educational resources available to them. This could include facilitating meetings between the school, case managers, and guardians.
Why join CFCE:
- Great benefits package, including a Zero (0) cost out of pocket medical plan, 13 Paid Holidays and a competitive Paid Time Off Package
- Making an invaluable impact in your community
- Growth and professional development opportunities available
- Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Some of the Functions Include:
- Tracking of educational information of all school aged clients in Out of Home care
- Monitoring of Tutoring outcomes for all students participating in tutoring services
- Supporting the Case manager with ensuring clients have appropriate educational needs addressed
- Monitor FSFN education tab for all school aged clients to ensure tab is current
- Following up with Case managers on Red flag reports
- Following up with Case managers to ensure that the education tab in FSFN is updated at the beginning of each school year, as well as throughout the school year if a client changes schools
- Attend Citrus FCN Education Meetings
- Serve as point of contact for education needs or issues, including camps and scholarship information
- Follow up with Case managers for graduation eligibility lists that are provided to Citrus FCN for Citrus Graduation event
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human services or Education related field from an accredited university
- Four (4) years’ experience working in education
- Two (2) years’ experience working in case management
- Two (2) years’ experience working with Children and Families
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organize work activities in order to accomplish various required tasks simultaneously.
- Must be computer literate
- Excellent assessment skills and intervention strategies
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.