General Counsel for Child Welfare Programs
Cherishing Our Children Since 1977
The Center for Family and Child Enrichment (CFCE) is dedicated to help children and their families by providing the right services and solutions based on individual needs. CFCE is constantly evolving to better support our community.
As a General Counsel for Child Welfare Programs, you will have the responsibility of overseeing the legal functions of CFCE’s Child Welfare programs, consisting but not limited to processing subpoenas, garnishments, and providing HR legal advice.
Why join CFCE:
- Great benefits package, including a Zero (0) cost out of pocket medical plan, 13 Paid Holidays and a competitive Paid Time Off Package
- Making an invaluable impact in your community
- Growth and professional development opportunities available
- Qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Some of the Functions Include:
- This position is responsible for supervising 7 Court Liaisons, an administrative assistant and Diligent Search Specialist.
- Ensuring in conjunction with the Case Management Program Operations Administrator, that case managers are prepared at least 10 days in advance of all Court Hearings
- Keeping statistics on Court Performance
- Coordinating and attending weekly court staffing’s with the GAL Program and CLS
- Preparing for and court appearance on legal issues involving Child Welfare matters
- Preparing for and court appearance on issues involving civil and criminal contempt matters
- Preparing for and court appearance on high profile child welfare cases
- Attendance in all meetings involving court operations and legal matters for the Child Welfare Program
- Processing Agency-wide subpoenas for court appearances and records requests
- Processing and responding to Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, public records requests
- Processing employee garnishments
- Periodically reviewing Agency contracts and agreements at the discretion of the CEO
- Coordinating representation with outside counsel
- Advising CFCE insurance carriers of possible litigation
- Keeping CFCE insurance carriers abreast of pending litigation
- Handling of media inquiries in conjunction with the CEO and other Agency Administrative Staff
- Advising the CEO, Board of Directors and other Administrative Staff on legal issues
- Advising the CEO and Human Resources Department on personnel issues.
- Advise on HIPPA matters
- Provide training to staff on legal issues
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- Five years’ experience in the area of child welfare.
- Five years management experience
- Member in good standing of the Florida Bar
- Must be proficient in the use of FSFN, Microsoft Word, Windows, Microsoft Outlook, CSIS, CJIS, ICWIS
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent assessment skills and intervention strategies
- Ability to perform at a high level of autonomy or with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
CFCE is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.